Location: Montreal, QuebecTop Aces is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Top Aces' integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Training Manager is responsible for the development, management and continuous improvement of Top Aces' Training System(s). Working with Top Aces Staff, the Training Manager will design, implement, manage and maintain training systems.
- Determine departmental training needs through consultation with managers and employees
- Ensures that company training is compliant to TCCA and the Canadian Labour Code regulations
- Maintain the system for tracking all training function including but not limited to Initial, Update and Additional training.
- Manage the development of internal training programs that ensure and confirm the successful transfer of knowledge
- Develop processes and procedures for managing the training system
- Proposing improvements to methods, systems and procedures
- Research new training materials that might enhance our training procedures and provide value to our employees
- Search for gaps in training material or content that should be filled to ensure safety and productivity among all departments
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods
- Identify and facilitate continuous improvement projects and training
- Keep up to date with developments in training by attending relevant courses and conferences
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Managers are responsible for:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
- Providing information, training, instruction and supervision to protect the Occupational Health and Safety of Employees
- Ensuring Employees under their direction know and comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring Employees under their direction receive adequate supervision.
- Establishing, supporting, and consulting with Occupational Health and Safety committees and Workplace Occupational Health and Safety representatives on all matters to improve workplace Occupational Health and Safety including regular safety inspections of the workplace.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of seven (7) years training experience
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and ability to appreciate clients working in their second language and appreciate their considerations and requirements
- Experience developing, delivering and managing aerospace training systems including flight and technical training delivery
- Knowledge of the Canadian Aviation Regulation is an asset
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Previous experience of managing training within an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Ability to travel as required
- Position requires Level 2 Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Top Aces is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.