Director of Maintenance
Location: Mesa, AZ
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Staff Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Summary: Plan and directs the inspection and maintenance of the Company’s aircraft and maintenance equipment, holds responsibility for the airworthiness of the Company’s aircraft, and manages the Maintenance Department personnel. Has a proven track record managing a sizeable team of A&P technicians in multiple locations and with F-16 fighter maintenance and operations experience. Is the organization’s primary liaison to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and government oversight agency(ies) for maintenance issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the company's Senior Management team.
- Oversees all maintenance activities in accordance with the organization's policies, maintenance programs and applicable laws and regulations. Overall responsibility for maintenance, repair, modification, overhaul and Operation of aircraft and aeronautical products, supporting aircraft maintenance technicians both at the Main Operating Bases and/or on deployment sites (DOBs). Ensures that the inspection/maintenance/safety work force is qualified, adequate, well trained and properly supervised.
- Determines the optimum organization for the department, makes recommendations relative to changes concerning personnel, facilities and equipment required to accomplish assigned tasks. Plans the workload to optimize the distribution of work over time and allocate manpower so that technicians are productive and efficient.
- Secures a solid understanding of the Top Aces Corp. expected culture and successfully works and manages staff within the culture effectively.
- Counsels and evaluates performance of the maintenance work force, including annual reviews.
- Responsible for approving timesheets, vacation requests or expense reports of department personnel.
- Works closely with HR in resolving performance and discipline issues; motivates and rewards teamwork and individual performance.
- Ensures sufficient training for long-term and temporary department personnel.
- Ensures programs are in place to evaluate and maintain aircraft in a safe, effective manner.
- Prepares projections of needs and budget for capital equipment, repairable components and maintenance operating expenses.
- Establishes and maintains a logistical support system to provide parts and materials to support the repair of aircraft and equipment.
- Ensures that all time/life aircraft parts, repairable components and assemblies are accurately tracked.
- Establishes an inventory system to maintain an accurate accounting of material and parts owned by TAC.
- Maintains effective liaisons with Operations, Finance, and other departments, as well as outside agencies and vendors.
- Ensures internal compliance with maintenance, safety, and security procedures to ensure optimum performance.
- With Quality Assurance, ensures the auditing of all maintenance programs and processes to ensure compliance with the requirements of FAA or other regulatory/oversight agencies. Assist the Quality Assurance Manager in the control, distribution, and preservation of records related to the maintenance functions carried out by the organization.
- Schedules and holds regular planning and informational meetings.
- Ensures current appropriate technical publications and directives are available.
- Designates, in writing, the signature, license type and number and approved authorizations of each inspection/maintenance person.
- Reviews completed audits and recommends awareness training, as required.
- Directs and ensures all logbook/record entries are made
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity.
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program. As a Manager/Supervisor, you are responsible for:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
- Providing information, training, instruction and supervision to protect the Occupational Health and Safety of employees
- Ensuring employees under your direction know and comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring employees under your direction receive adequate supervision.
- Establishing, supporting, and consulting with OHS committees and Workplace Occupational Health and Safety representatives on all matters to improve workplace OHS, including regular safety inspections of the workplace.
To reduce product and ‘safety of flight’ risks to an acceptable level, you must actively participate in the TAC Safety Management System (SMS) which includes:
- Communication of safety risks to employees and their roles and responsibilities related to these risks.Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
- Communication of safety risks to employees and their roles and responsibilities related to these risks.
- Continuous improvement of Top Aces Corp. Safety Management System and risk controls.
- Compliance with applicable safety laws and regulations.
- Management of change.
Skills and/or Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook, and Electronic Record Keeping Systems)
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) license/certification preferred.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) certification strongly preferred.
Education and/or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred; or a minimum of 20 years related experience and training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth maintenance experience on F-16 early version aircraft.
- 10 years+ experience managing Aircraft Technicians
- Excellent leadership abilities
- A track record of success in a productive and collaborative manner within a well-respected and progressive general or business aviation organization, maintenance facility or manufacturer
- This person must bring strong credibility to the organization and have positive dealings and a solid reputation with fourth generation fighter aircraft and industry organizations
- Business experience outside the military highly desirable.
- Knowledge of government contracting required.
- Must be experienced working with the FAA and have comprehensive knowledge of 14 CFR 91 & 135.
Physical RequirementsWhile performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, walk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee is required to regularly work in both office and outside weather environments. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and vibrations, and is frequently exposed to very hot or cold, wet or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock. The noise level is occasionally very loud.
These physical demands and work conditions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Special Work Conditions
- Applicants selected may be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements to be cleared for and to gain access to applicable classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. nationals or permanent residents (Green Card).
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees working in this position and within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply for the position
Interested applicants should forward their resume to the HR Department via email at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants for their employment interest in Top Aces Corp., only those who best match our requirements will be contacted.