Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Director, Fleet Management – Maintenance Control
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
- Supervise and coordinate strategic fleet plan and fleet managers for all DA Defence operations
- Supervise Technical Records staff, ensuring technical library and maintenance system is maintained in compliance with the AMO/AOC requirements
- Delegated Maintenance Control authority for regulatory compliance to all operations
- Manage Fleet Budget, Capital Expenses, and Fleet Operational cost
- Review and Prepare quarterly and annual fleet reports
- Manage and create industry business relationships to continuously optimize the fleet safety, serviceability and cost structure
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Managers are responsible for:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace including the necessary equipment, systems, and tools which are properly maintained
- Providing information, training, instruction and supervision to protect the Occupational Health and Safety of Employees
- Ensuring Employees under their direction know and comply with Occupational Health and Safety requirements
- Ensuring Employees under their direction receive adequate supervision.
- Establishing, supporting, and consulting with Occupational Health and Safety committees and Workplace Occupational Health and Safety representatives on all matters to improve workplace Occupational Health and Safety including regular safety inspections of the workplace.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Engineering Degree, or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years of progressively increasing experience in the execution and management of aircraft maintenance;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Control of maintenance (adherence to schedules, direction of activities)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the entry, retrieval and management of aircraft maintenance records
- Highly experienced in the use of automated data retrieval systems and spreadsheets for the management of maintenance activities
- Experience in the preparation of Fleet Management Reports
- Excellent written and oral presentation of aircraft maintenance and configuration information
- Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including full proficiency in Excel
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Travel is required for the position
- International travel may also be required in this role
- Occasional visits to aircraft maintenance facilities (company and vendor) is required.
- Urgent airworthiness issues and operational availability problems will require immediate addressing. This can result in the requirement to work outside normal office hours.
- Ability to obtain a “Level 2” security clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Discovery Air Defence Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.