Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Location: Cold Lake, Alberta
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
- Detect aircraft avionics problems and adjust and repair systems according to specifications, technical drawings, manuals and procedures
- Repair and overhaul of aircraft avionics systems
- Install or modify avionics
- Perform routine maintenance and report on it
- Identify and order equipment needed in accordance with the company policies
- Inform the quality assurance department of irregularities in maintenance work tasks
- Ensure that the work is performed according to the quality standards, policies and procedures of the Company and the applicable regulations
- Ensure that the aircraft documentation is complete and in line with the company standards
- Ensure that the workplace is safe and clean at all times
- Ensure that all replacement parts are inspected, eligible and properly certified prior to installation
- Ensure that removed parts are properly tagged and routed to quarantine
- Ensure the work accomplished on any aircraft or component is in compliance with:
- The applicable manufacturer’s recommended standards
- Canadian Aviation Regulations
- Company Policies and Procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Employees are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately
Qualifications and Requirements
- Holds a valid TCCA AME-E license
- Transport Canada accredited Avionics program or an approved course
- 2 years experience in a similar avionics role
- Ability to work on complex tasks requiring technical expertise, initiative and considerable judgment
- Good adaptability, organizational skills, attention to detail, sense of analysis
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Ability to work with others and independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team and in a dynamic environment where activities unfold rapidly
- Lifting / carrying / pushing / pulling up to 70 lbs
- Working in confined spaces
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and shift work according to flight operations
- Will be required to work outdoors
- Travel is required for the position
- International travel may also be required in this role
- Ability to obtain a “Level 2” security clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Discovery Air Defence Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.