Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Type: 1 year Full-Time Temporary
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters
- Post job openings on Company website, as well as with professional organizations, and in other appropriate venues
- Oversee recruitment process for Student Program, including sourcing, interviewing, and hiring
- Coordinate and implement college recruiting initiatives, such as career fairs, when required
- Draft employment letters
- Prepare and send offer packages to candidates
- Oversee the onboarding and off boarding process
- Ensure paper and electronic files are up-to date
- Provide translation support, as required
- Ensure all data in HR systems is up-to date
- Maintain employee records and files
- Keep track of completed training and training attendance records
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Perform reference and background checks for potential employees
- Provide support to various HR functions such as OHS, recruiting, benefits, employee recognition and participate in special HR Projects
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- A diploma or certificate in Human Resources, or a minimum of 1 year work experience in Human Resources
- Superior oral and written communication skills, in both English and French
- Strong MS Office computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint. Visio, an asset.)
- Understands and respects the highly-confidential and sensitive nature of the work
- Experience with Lotus Notes, an asset
- Positive, professional attitude, able to take initiative
- Strong organizational skills including an attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willingness and resourcefulness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, in a fast paced environment, multi task and prioritize competing demands
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Ability to obtain a “Level 2” security clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Discovery Air Defence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.