Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters
The Quality Specialist plays a support role within the Quality team, to maintain the quality management system. They are responsible for updating quality documents and the quality database, acting as internal auditor, and supporting the various departments in handling opportunities for improvement.
- Participate in improving the quality management system, including registration and certification with ISO 9001 and other applicable standards
- Assist in the management and maintenance of documents for ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- Provide support to stakeholders to ensure adherence to ISO requirements
- Participate in the internal audit program, including drafting audit reports, and effectively communicating findings with affected departments
- Manage the preparation and schedule of external audits as it relates to ISO and vendor audits
- Continuously update quality management application data
- Work on multiple projects related to quality, particularly to address opportunities for improvement
- Provide recommendations for opportunities for improvement
- Assist different departments with process development
- Perform risk analysis
- Investigate quality concerns
- Conduct verifications of the effectiveness of implemented Corrective Action Plans
- Investigate hazard reports and conduct root cause analysis when required
- Monitor departmental KPIs through the analysis of system data
- Identify and analyze possible solutions to quality issues raised through the company SMS/QMS process
- Produce reports as required from the data collected within the internal audit program, and analyse trends and patterns to identify, resolve and prevent future incidents
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- College or University degree or technical education in a related field
- 3 - 5 years experience in the Quality Assurance field
- Working experience with ISO 9001 (QMS)
- Experience in Aerospace, an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, Visio and SharePoint, an asset
- Well organized, ability to multi task and work under tight deadlines
- Strong communications skills
- Positive, professional attitude, able to take initiative
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize competing demands
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Team Player
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- International travel may be required in this role
- Ability to obtain a “Level 2” security clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Discovery Air Defence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.