Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Location: Wittmund, Germany
Job Type: Full-Time, 1 year temporary
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the German Forces. We provide Joint Terminal Attack Controller training to German special operations and ground forces, as well as Combat Support Services to the Air Force and Navy. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the German Forces receive the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
- Shipping and Receiving parts in the system and printing associated bar codes
- Sorting parts on the shelves and in the warehouse
- Filling out pro-forma documents
- Supporting inventory checks when due
- Driving duties as related to the essential duties and responsibilities
- Updating AMS as required to track parts in the system
- Supporting general warehouse organization including inventory moves when required
- Database maintenance for MSDS and dangerous goods
- Any other administrative task as required
- Other duties as reasonably assigned and required in support of the logistical requirements of the German FZD Contract
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Employees are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately
Qualifications and Requirements
- Ability to support AOG situations as required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Fork lift driver’s license an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and in English
- Knowledge of AMS and/or SharePoint, an asset
- Ability to work autonomously
- Positive, professional attitude and the ability to take initiative
- Strong organizational and follow up skills including high attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Advanced computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong problem solving skills and solution oriented
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently with normal supervision
- Ability to function in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record of success working on complex assignments requiring considerable judgment, initiative and technical/specialized knowledge
- Dangerous Goods training, an asset
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our valuesTC or FAA or European ATPL or Commercial License and Instrument rating, Valid Cat 1 medical.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License ''Class B'' for Germany
- Must have or be able to obtain NATO Secret clearance with the German Government.
Discovery Air Defence Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.