Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters.
- Develop and maintain monthly financial forecasts, track changes in assumptions, reconcile changes over time and prepare reports thereon
- Perform costs analysis in support of the financial forecasts
- Perform regular forecast reviews with responsible managers
- Prepare draft forecast memoranda and presentations
- Assist in financial analyses and financial models (including detailed P&L, Balance Sheets and Statements of Cash flow according to IFRS) to aid in new project investment, pricing decisions and assessment of associated capital requirements
- Assist in pricing and investment recommendations
- Assist a bid team to prepare detailed financial responses to complex bids and proposals
- Develop and maintain a data base of cost estimates for use in and support of financial forecasts
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
You will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
Employees are responsible for:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (BComm) in Accounting with 5-7 years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and financial modelling
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry, an asset
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Experience with ACCPAC and HFM an asset
- Strong communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail a must
- Sold work ethic, results oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and consistently deliver on time with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical abilities, particularly in costs analysis
- Ability adapt rapidly to a dynamic environment
- Ability to work under deadlines while maintaining effective communications and interactions with team members
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
- Ability to obtain a “Level 2” security clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
Discovery Air Defence Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.