Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Learjet 35 Pilot
Air Affairs Australia (AAA), a well-established aircraft operations and engineering based company, in conjunction with Discovery Air Defence (DA Defence), a leader in providing combat airborne training services, have been contracted to deliver Jet Air Support services to the Australian Defence Force. Together, AAA and DA Defence are looking for experienced Fighter Pilots to join the team, and to provide Airborne Training to the Australian Defence Force.
Scope of Operations
Air Affairs provides the following services in support of the Jet Air Support contract:
- Controller Training
- Maritime Strike Simulation
- Land Strike Simulation
- Air Combat Training
- Aerial Targets
- System Tracking and Calibration
- Range Support
- Surface Picture Compilation/Strike Direction
- Trials Support
- Other passenger or cargo tasking
The Learjet 35 Pilot will be responsible to fly the AAA Lear 35s in a variety of JAS and other contracted missions:
- Maintain operational safety: assess and mitigate risks to Company equipment, personnel and reputation
- Maintain an Airline Transport Pilot Licence or a Commercial Pilot License, medical certification, and Company Operations Manual required currencies
- 100% compliance with applicable regulations and training rules
- Conduct operations in accordance with Company COM, AFM and SOPs
- Professional, polite, proficient combat support in accordance with customer defined requirements
- Communicate any issues (knowledge, systems, procedures, proficiency, and support) that impact your ability to accomplish the above
- Promptly communicate any incident that results in, or has a high probability of resulting in: damage, injury, significant positive/negative perception by the customer, or media attention
- Support engagement of other employees through positive, proactive leadership on deployment
- To facilitate appropriate recognition, communicate any exceptional performance by any employee
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 500 hours captaincy in tactical aircraft (Fast Jet Preferred)
- Low level operations experience
- Multi-type/multi-aircraft operational scenarios
- Recent/active military aircraft captain
- ATPL or CPL and Instrument rating, Valid Cat 1 medical
- EW, ISR, CAS and target towing operations experience, an asset
- Able to communicate in English
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
Discovery Air Defence Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.