Discovery Air Defence is committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in aviation industry. By joining DA Defence you will have the opportunity to participate in a unique and dynamic environment focused on growth, entrepreneurship, innovation and teamwork.
We are committed to providing our customers with specialty aviation solutions whenever and wherever they are required. Our pilots, maintainers, logisticians and administrators operate with precision and pride in some of the most challenging environments in the world.
Discovery Air Defence is the prime supplier of Airborne Training services to the Canadian Army, Navy and Air Force.
Quality Assurance Representative
Location: Bagotville, Quebec
Discovery Air Defence is the exclusive supplier of combat airborne training services to the Canadian Forces. We provide joint terminal attack controller training to Canadian special operations and ground forces, Red Air and electronic attack training to CF-18 aircrew and navy, as well as live-fire target practice to the Canadian military. Discovery Air Defence's integrated logistics, maintenance and engineering solutions ensure that the Canadian Forces receives the level of support they require to achieve their objectives. Experience Matters
- Ensure that company standards, policies, and procedures are maintained at the highest level
- Assist in the management of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Perform risk assessments and root cause analysis as required
- Assist in the development and management of corrective action plans
- Perform assigned audit functions of the Quality Assurance Program
- Contribute in identifying quality and airworthiness issues through the quality audit process and recommend solutions in all aspects of maintenance within the company
- Participate in local flying operations to assess company standards and recommend changes as required
- Contribute as a resource person for implementation of policies, procedures and the training of technical personnel in the use of company software and systems
- Promote and facilitate the culture of professionalism in maintenance, safety and continuous improvement
- Participate in the company Safety Management System (SMS)
- Promote safety initiatives within the Maintenance Process.
- Assist maintenance personnel in matters of airworthiness and procedures in general
- Perform periodic review of completed work packages to ensure conformance to the applicable airworthiness standards and company policies and procedures
- Will be required to maintain current technical credentials related to the maintenance of company aircraft.
As an employee, you will have the following responsibilities in order to comply with the company's Occupational Health and Safety program:
- Working in compliance with Occupational Health and Safety acts and regulations
- Following safe work practices and procedures and using safeguards and personal protective equipment
- Reporting hazards (such as unsafe situations and activities) to their supervisor immediately.
to use personal protective equipment and clothing as directed by the employer
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- 3-5 years experience with Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs)
- Transport Canada AME License
- Previous experience as a Quality Control Inspector, an asset
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Computer literate
- Previous Training background, an asset
- French and English language proficiency required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including overtime and shift work according to flight operations
- Will be required to work outdoors
- Regular travel is required for the position
- International travel may also be required in this role (Valid Passport required)
- Ability to obtain a “Level 2” security clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
- Strong communications skills
- Positive, professional attitude, able to take initiative
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, multi task and prioritize competing demands
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Team Player
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Safety, Teamwork, Focus, Innovation and Integrity
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values
Discovery Air Defence is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Apply for the position
Discovery Air Defence is committed to being the premier provider of cost effective aviation solutions to the Canadian Armed Forces and the Government of Canada.
Discovery Air Defence is part of the Discovery Air family, which has a wealth of technical expertise in its subsidiaries, ranging from Fixed-wing to Rotary-wing for both Civil and Military products.
Discovery Air Defence operates a fleet of modified Alpha Jet aircraft in the airborne training services role. All Alpha Jet aircraft have been upgraded with state-of-the-art Martin Baker ejection seats and Dassault Canopy Escape systems.
Discovery Air Defence operates IAI Westwind 1124 aircraft, all special mission configured, to provide high-quality real-time training. The Westwinds have been modified with under-winged hard points, pylons and an internal winch to support Target Tow and Electronic Warfare missions. Top Discovery Air Defence's fleet of Westwinds stands ready to meet the demand for quality special mission combat support.